An Overview on the Interesting Facts about Solar Energy
The Facts that Matter
1. Solar radiation makes it possible for the energy coming from the sun to be used as power source and energy that can in turn be used for many purposes. The technology on this aspect is characterized in two ways. They can either be passive or active. This will depend on the methods that are used to get, convert and allocate sunlight.
What are active solar techniques? These utilize pumps, photovoltaic panels and fans to renovate sunlight into useful resources. These aim to increase the energy supply that is why these can also be referred as supply side technologies. The passive solar techniques, on the other hand, use only selected resources with constructive thermal properties, utilize the kind of spaces that can circulate air naturally and apply the position of buildings and structures towards the sun. These will lessen the need for other sources and can also be referred as the demand side technology.
2. Solar energy has influenced many factors that surround people. This can be referred in planning and designing buildings. This process can be rooted back at the early days of the architectural history. The Greeks and the Chinese first used such factor in building and constructing their architectural pieces and on their planning methods.
3. Solar energy is also being utilized by the agricultural sector because they rely heavily on its benefits in order to gain more harvest. They developed ways in order to plant the kind of crops that will grow according to the amount of sun that they will be getting for the season. This can also be used to dry the crops, pump water, brooding of chicks and to dry animal manures that can later be used as fertilizers.
4. On seasons like the Little Ice Age, fruit walls were used by French and Chinese farmers to be able to collect and store solar energy to help them keep the plants warm and to speedy up the process of ripening of fruits. These walls serve as the thermal masses. The fruit walls that were first developed were perpendicular to the ground and faced the south direction. Over time, innovations were done and slopping walls were used to gain more advantage from the sun.
5. To convert the solar light into heat, people have developed greenhouses. These enable the production and cultivation of specialty crops all year round. Such innovation made it possible for crops to be produced in untimely seasons and in places where you think that those plants won’t grow.
And these are only some of the interesting facts about solar energy. These give you a good peek at how wonderful nature is and how people have developed ways to use it to advance in many aspects of their lives.
ArticlesThe Pros And Cons Of Solar Energy
The History Of Solar Energy
Solar Energy Is The Future
Things You Should Know Before Investing In Solar Energy
Analyzing The Benefits Of Solar Energy
Using Solar Energy Goes Way Back
Solar Energy Simplified
Wind Power Vs. Solar Energy, An Even Match?
How To Conserve Solar Energy Through Your Little Ways
How Does Solar Energy Work
The Future Of Solar Energy – How It Looks And How It Affects Nature
The Downsides Of Solar Energy
The Future Of Solar Energy On Transportation
Technologies For Harnessing Solar Energy
Facts About Solar Energy – Some Things To Ponder And Why
Arguments Against Solar Energy
The Benefits Of Solar Energy
You Need A PV System To Generate Solar Energy
Net Metering And Solar Energy
You Can Have A Home Powered By Solar Energy
Solar Energy - How Does It Benefit The Agricultural Sector
Countries On The Helm Of Solar Energy Technology
Solar Energy In Households